OLIVE OIL MEETS THYME
New year - new recipes.
2018 has been a fan-tast(e)-tic year and we want to thank you for being part of it. Our aim is to inspire you to #GetMoreTaste out of life in every possible way and we're thrilled that you're with us on our journey! Time for more inspiration in 2019. Therefore we teamed up with Niklas from @thelifemotions to prepare this tasty tarte flambée for you.
For the dough:
- 350ml warm water
- pinch of sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 600g plain flour, plus extra for dusting - 1 teaspoon salt
- 60ml olive oil, plus extra for brushing
For the toppings:
- 1/4 hokkaido pumpkin
- 150g mushrooms
- 80g cherry tomatos
Walnut- ricotta pesto:
- four dried tomatos (in oil)
- 100g walnuts
- 80 g ricotta
- 1 teaspoon white vine vinegar - salt and pepper
For the pesto:
1. chop the walnuts
2. puree with tomatoes, ricotta, olive oil and vinegar
For the dough:
1. Use a small bowl to combine water, yeast and sugar. Set aside for a few minutes or until foamy. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and some of the olive oil. Knead everything with your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
2. Brush a bowl lightly with oil. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 mi- nutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in the prepared bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to rise for a minimum of 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
3. Dust work surface with flour. Knead dough and form into a circle, then add the toppings and bake.
Out of this world taste, absolutely the highest quality olive oil I've had. Tried many different ones before but I will stay with Neolea for sure!
Great for all uses, especially tasty in salad dressings and as a bread dipper. Love it!
I'm truly amazed by the flavor of this olive oil, me and my friends really loved it :) Love from San Francisco