OLIVE OIL MEETS THYME
We at Neolea love to have lunch together. Either one of us prepares something at home and brings it to the office or we cook together in our own little kitchen. This week we decided for goat cheese with homemade marmalade combined with thyme. We received this idea from Niklas (@thelifemotions). It's a super easy recipe and the taste is unbelievable. Try it out, you won't regret it!
- 200g goat cheese
- 80g walnuts
For the jam:
- -2 organic oranges
- 9–10 oranges
- 150g kumquats
- 500g canning sugar
- 2 figs
- fresh thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Thoroughly wash organic oranges under hot water, rub dry. Peel off the peel with a zest stripper in fine strips. Halve all oranges, squeeze juice. Measure 600 ml of juice
2. Wash kumquats and pat dry. Then slice and core.
3. Pour orange juice, gelling sugar, kumquats and orange zest into a wide, tall pot. Boil while stir- ring, boil for about 4 minutes bubbly.
4. Fill hot jam into glasses with twist-off lid, close immediately and turn upside down for about 5 minutes. Allow jam to cool overnight
5. Slice the goat cheese and give it into a gratin dish and nicely drizzle it with some honey and thyme. In the oven for 20 minutes, till the edges start to get slightly brown.
6. Roast the walnuts on medium heat for a few minutes.