6 x 100 ml ramekins / espresso cups
- 100 g dark chocolate, 70% with orange rind, broken into small pieces
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Cointreau (orange liqueur)
- 4 large free-range eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt flakes, plus a pinch
- 30 g caster sugar
1. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a simmering pot of water, make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Remove chocolate from the heat before it is completely melted, then stir it gently so that the last little pieces of chocolate dissolve. Leave to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the oil and set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of sea salt flakes in a grease-free bowl until you have firm peaks (careful not to overmix, otherwise your mousse will turn out grainy). Set aside.
3. Whisk the yolks, sugar and 1⁄4 teaspoon of sea salt flakes in a separate large bowl until pale, thick and about doubled in volume.
4. Gradually pour the chocolate-oil mixture into the beaten yolks and whisk briefly to mix completely. Using a big metal spoon, add a third of the beaten egg whites and fold in vigorously to lighten the mixture. Now, gently fold in the rest of the egg whites and making sure to leave as much air in the mixture as possible.
5. Gently spoon the mousse into your ramekins or cups. To get the desired texture – soft and satiny, rather than set like a more traditional mousse – you can either refrigerate for 60 minutes then eat straight away, or overnight and then take out to come to room temperature for 20 minutes before eating.
I had the privilege of visiting the store, in person, a couple years ago. I am addicted to their oil and am now a repeat customer. It is so worth importing and gets to the States faster than Amazon!
My favorite olive oil comes now in this handy smaller size. The taste is great as always and this size is the perfect gift-size. Delivery was quick
Out of this world taste, absolutely the highest quality olive oil I've had. Tried many different ones before but I will stay with Neolea for sure!
Ik was al een tijdje opzoek naar een kwalitatieve olijfolie, gevonden ✅
Simply amazing! Neolea must be definitely the best olive oil I've ever tasted. So smooth and fruity with notes of banana and honey at first and then it kicks back with just the right amount of fiery pepper aftertaste. With beautiful packaging design, this is just wonderful olive oil. This is how great product should taste and be presented.
Levering, verpakking en product meer dan goed. Culinair hoogstandje.