Ajika is a hot and spicy paste that comes form the Middle Eastern kitchen and is made a lot of times with tomatoes or red peppers but is also really nice with coriander. As we love to share simple but tasty recipes, we wanted to show you something that can be combined with different dishes. It is a perfect addition to fish and meat as well as dishes containing potatoes, beans and tomatoes.
- 50 g coriander, leaves and stalks, roughly chopped
- 50 g parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped
A small handful of young celery leaves
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 1⁄2 tsp cardamom, ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried summer savory
- 1 fresh jalapeño, remove the seeds or leave them in depending how spicy you like it. juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 140 ml olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
1. To make the ajika: combine all ingredients except for the olive oil. Pulse to make a rough paste, then slowly and gradually add the olive oil continuing to blend, making sure you still retain some of the texture of the herbs and voila!
2. Delicious as a dressing, with grilled meat or with the fig carpaccio.
I had the privilege of visiting the store, in person, a couple years ago. I am addicted to their oil and am now a repeat customer. It is so worth importing and gets to the States faster than Amazon!
My favorite olive oil comes now in this handy smaller size. The taste is great as always and this size is the perfect gift-size. Delivery was quick
Out of this world taste, absolutely the highest quality olive oil I've had. Tried many different ones before but I will stay with Neolea for sure!
Ik was al een tijdje opzoek naar een kwalitatieve olijfolie, gevonden ✅
Simply amazing! Neolea must be definitely the best olive oil I've ever tasted. So smooth and fruity with notes of banana and honey at first and then it kicks back with just the right amount of fiery pepper aftertaste. With beautiful packaging design, this is just wonderful olive oil. This is how great product should taste and be presented.
Levering, verpakking en product meer dan goed. Culinair hoogstandje.