OLIVE OIL MEETS CHOCOLATE
Makes approx. 20 cookies
- 250 ml of olive oil
- 220 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 170 g bread flour
- 130 g all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 100 g roughly chopped dark chocolate (70%)
- 100 g roughly chopped dark chocolate (50%)
- 2-3tsp cayenne pepper, depending on how spicy you like it
- Coarse sea salt for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 170°C (fan) /190°C. Line your baking sheets with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, cream together the eggs, oil, brown sugar and vanilla extract until the sugar has almost dissolved, this should take approximately 5-8 minutes.
In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the bread flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and cayenne pepper.
Pour the flour mixture into the oil-sugar mixture and using a spatula mix until just blended. Add the chopped chocolate and fold into the dough. Chill covered with cling film for around 30 minutes.
- Get about 1 heaped teaspoon of dough and use your hands to roll it into a golf ball sized mound. Place on the baking parchment. Leave a healthy space between cookies, they will spread out quite a bit. Sprinkle coarse sea salt on cookies to taste. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then finish cooling on a metal rack.