We all know it: You go to the fridge, open it and you’re disappointed that there’s only the same stuff in it again. It is so easy to create your own spreads for any time of day! Today we’ll show you how to make your own vegan carrot-ginger hummus to bring more freshness and variety to your fridge!
- 400g carrots
- 3cm ginger
- 1 tin chick peas
- 2-3 stalks celery
- a big clove of garlic
- fresh herbs (parsley, oregano and thyme for example)
- 30g pine nuts
- juice of a lime
- Neolea Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. First cut the carrots into slices and put them in boiling water until soft. Pour the liquid from the can of chickpeas and put them in a large bowl, together with the carrots. Add a little olive oil and you can now mash them coarsely with a blender.
2. Peel the ginger and cut it into small cubes and put it in the bowl together with the chopped celery and add a handful of chopped parsley, oregano and other herbs to taste.
3. Roast in a small pan the pine nuts on medium heat without oil and put ¾ of it in the bowl, the rest you keep for garnishing. Now puree your ingredients and gradually squeeze the juice of the lime into your hummus.
4. Now it’s time for seasoning, and that’s entirely up to you. A little salt, pepper, paprika powder and curry give your spread a spicy, oriental note and a stronger colour.
5. Now you can arrange your hummus in a bowl with the remaining pine nuts, a slice of lime and herbs, or you fill it into a glass, cover it with a thin layer of olive oil and put it in the fridge for the next day. The spread should last at least 1 week when stored in the refrigerator.
My favorite olive oil comes now in this handy smaller size. The taste is great as always and this size is the perfect gift-size. Delivery was quick
Out of this world taste, absolutely the highest quality olive oil I've had. Tried many different ones before but I will stay with Neolea for sure!
Great for all uses, especially tasty in salad dressings and as a bread dipper. Love it!
I'm truly amazed by the flavor of this olive oil, me and my friends really loved it :) Love from San Francisco