Golden milk smoothie
with olive oil
This smoothie is filled with warming spices like turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon and ginger, to ignite your senses and wake you up from the inside out. The addition of the olive oil not only makes the smoothie super creamy, but also provides you with lots of extra antioxidants to set you up for the day.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp Neolea olive oil
- seeds from 4 cardamom pods, crushed in pestle and mortar
- finely grated fresh nutmeg
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt for a vegan version)
- 400ml coconut milk
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender and blitz until perfectly smooth and creamy. Top the smoothie with an extra dusting of nutmeg and a drizzle of olive oil.