Searching for a delicious meal, that keeps you cool on hot summer days? Try this lemon mint sorbet and combine it with some tasty waffles.
Sorbets are different from ice by having several other ingredientes and can also be made with wine or prosecco. This lemon mint sorbet is the number one way to stay cool as a cucumber this summer. A simple recipe requiring only 4 ingredients, this frosty treat is light, incredibly refreshing, and a cinch to make!
For the Lemon Mint Sorbet:
- 60 ml water
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
- a bunch of fresh mint
- 350ml sugar water (made from 250ml water and 200g sugar)
- 240 ml lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
For the crispy Waffles:
- 125 ml Neolea Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100 g sugar
- a package of vanilla sugar
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 250 g flour
- a pinch of salt
- half a package of baking soda
- 200 ml milk
- Start with a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, sugar, and lemon zest and stir, cooking just until the sugar has dissolved. This will take about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the torn mint leaves to the mixture and stir to combine. Allow your sirup to steep for 10 minutes. Check to see if your mixture has the desired level of mint flavor. Steep for an additional 5-10 minutes, if desired. Use a fine mesh strainer to strain your mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar water and strained lemon juice to the bowl with the mint syrup. Stir to combine. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to chill completely. Once chilled, process your sorbet mixture in an ice cream maker according to the machine directions. It usually takes 25-30 minutes. Store in a freezer safe container, covered well, for up to 2 weeks.
- In case you don’t own an ice cream maker or you don’t want a huzzle mixing your sorbet every 30 min while freezing, you can get some store bought lemon sorbet and add fresh mint leaves to spice it up!
- For making your waffles mix Neolea olive oil for cooking with sugar and vanilla sugar. Add the eggs one by one. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together and mix to the dough. Now slowly stir in the milk. Preheat the waffle iron and pour 3 tablespoons of dough onto the waffle iron. Bake each waffle for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve your sorbet and the waffles together and enjoy a perfect light meal for those hot days.
I had the privilege of visiting the store, in person, a couple years ago. I am addicted to their oil and am now a repeat customer. It is so worth importing and gets to the States faster than Amazon!
My favorite olive oil comes now in this handy smaller size. The taste is great as always and this size is the perfect gift-size. Delivery was quick
Out of this world taste, absolutely the highest quality olive oil I've had. Tried many different ones before but I will stay with Neolea for sure!
Ik was al een tijdje opzoek naar een kwalitatieve olijfolie, gevonden ✅
Simply amazing! Neolea must be definitely the best olive oil I've ever tasted. So smooth and fruity with notes of banana and honey at first and then it kicks back with just the right amount of fiery pepper aftertaste. With beautiful packaging design, this is just wonderful olive oil. This is how great product should taste and be presented.
Levering, verpakking en product meer dan goed. Culinair hoogstandje.