Melon and ham with radicchio and castelvetrano
Melon and ham are a match made in sweet-salty summer heaven. In this refreshing salad, the juicy melon alongside the Castelvetrano olives, that are big, crunchy and buttery; works perfectly with the bitter radicchio and sweet orange. The salad needs a good olive oil to balance the strong flavours and bring all those juices together to make the most divine dressing that you can soak up with some crusty bread.
- 100g firm dark green olives, Castelvetrano (nocellara) are best
- 50ml Neolea extra virgin olive oil
- 2 good quality anchovies, mashed with a fork
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- zest and juice of ½ bio orange
- juice of ½ a bio lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of pepperoncino flakes
- pinch of Neolea pure sea salt
- 1 ripe cantaloupe or honeydew melon, peeled, seeds removed and cut into wedges
- 1 radicchio, leaves separated
- 100g Spanish jamon, Iberico or Serrano
- Add the olives, anchovies, capers, oil, vinegar, citrus zest and juice and pepperoncino to a large bowl. Stir and season to taste with Neolea pure salt (if necessary, as the anchovies may be salty enough for your taste), leave to stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Arrange the melon wedges and radicchio leaves prettily around a serving platter and swirl the ham in and around. Spoon the marinated olives around the salad and enjoy with crispy bread to soak up all the juices.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ML
Pure Sea Salt