Broccoli steaks with capers & tomato sea salt and pumpkin seeds
It’s such a simple trick, but just by cutting it differently than you normally do, you can make broccoli the star of the show in this simple, healthy veggie dish paired with capers & tomato sea salt.
- 2 heads of broccoli
- Neolea olive oil
- Good pinch of Neolea capers & tomato sea salt
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Turn the broccoli onto its head and cut vertically, into three thick equal steaks (approx. 2 cm thick), starting from the stalk down. Drizzle them on both sides with a little olive oil and season with capers & tomato sea salt.
- Heat a large frying pan and brown the broccoli steaks a few at a time, turning regularly. They will take about 5-6 minutes on each side and they are ready when golden brown in places and the thickest part of the stalk is tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
- Remove the broccoli from the pan and set aside.
- Add another splash of olive oil to the pan, followed by the tomatoes, cut side down, sliced garlic and fry together, crushing the tomatoes with the back of a spoon for about 5 minutes.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and the pumpkin seeds and toss everything together for another minute or so.
- Add the broccoli back into the pan to coat with all the tomato-garlic-lemon juices and serve warm on a large platter.
Aceite de oliva virgen extra 500ML
Bolsa de recarga de alcaparras y tomate con sal marina