Such an amazing classic combination. The sweetness of the watermelon, the salty of the feta cheese and the silky smooth Neolea olive oil. One of our favorite summer recipes here at team Neolea!
- a quarter of a watermelon (about 200 grams)
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 cucumber
- 150 grams of feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons of Neolea olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the pickled onions:
- 1 red onion
- 4 tablespoons of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Cut the onion into small rings and put in a bowl with the vinegar, sugar and water. Let this sit for at least half an hour.
- Cut the watermelon in bite size pieces and put in a large bowl.
- Deseed the cucumber and cut into half moon pieces, add these to the bowl as well.
- Tear or cut the basil leaves in pieces and add these with the olive oil, salt and pepper to the bowl and toss everything around.
- Divide this over a big plate or leave it in the bowl, top off with the feta, crumbled and the pieces of pickled onions.
- Your amazing summer salad is ready!