- 400 grams of chestnut mushrooms
- 350 grams of fresh spinach
- 100 grams of walnuts
- 30 grams of breadcrumbs
- 100 ml of white wine vinegar
- 50 ml of Neolea olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 roll of fresh puff pastry
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 egg
- Sprigs of fresh thyme
- Optional: blue cheese
- Cut the onion and garlic in very small pieces and fry in a little bit of olive oil for a couple of minutes. After 2 minutes, add 100 ml of white wine and the bouillon cube. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the mushrooms and fry in a bit of oil for 10 minutes until brown and the moisture has evaporated.
- Add the mushrooms to the onion-garlic mixture. If all goes well, a large part of the moisture has evaporated. Also add the leaves of a few sprigs of thyme and let it simmer slowly for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir-fry the spinach for about 4 minutes until it has shrunk. Rinse with cold water, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drain well (squeeze out moisture).
- Mix the finely ground walnuts and breadcrumbs in the mushroom mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a baking sheet. First divide the spinach in the middle, then the mushrooms and then the optional cheese. Fold well and brush the entire puff pastry with the egg. Place in a preheated oven at 175 degrees for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for half an hour before slicing and serving.
My favorite olive oil comes now in this handy smaller size. The taste is great as always and this size is the perfect gift-size. Delivery was quick
Out of this world taste, absolutely the highest quality olive oil I've had. Tried many different ones before but I will stay with Neolea for sure!
Great for all uses, especially tasty in salad dressings and as a bread dipper. Love it!
I'm truly amazed by the flavor of this olive oil, me and my friends really loved it :) Love from San Francisco