You can mix the veggies up however you like; bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms, leeks, go nuts with your all time favorites. Don't forget the Neolea extra virgin olive oil drizzle at the end, very important!
- 1 medium onion
- 400 grams of mixed veggies
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of Neolea olive oil + extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 500 ml of passata
- 2 tablespoons of dried Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- 125 grams of mozzarella
- 400 grams of pasta of your choice
- Fresh basil
- Dice the onion, mixed veggies and garlic in very small pieces.
- To make the sauce heat a large sauce pan over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Add the onion, veggies and garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Then add the herbs, and tomato puree and fry for 1 more minute.
- Last add the the passata in and a little bit of water, salt and pepper. Cook this for 25 minutes on a low heat and stir occasionally.
- Cook the pasta a little under al dente in a large pot with salted boiling water.
- Combine the the sauce with the pasta and mix it very well.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease a large baking dish with some olive oil and put the whole pasta and sauce mixture in.
- Top with sliced mozzarella en put in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Until it looks golden brown and melty.
- Take it out of the oven and drizzle with some extra Neolea