This is how tapenade is meant to be. The star of every Mediterranean get together. It’s delicious on toast alongside a good glass of wine. Who doesn’t want that?
Our homemade tapenade is made of sun dried tomatoes and ready in under 5 minutes. This will be the perfect snack when having drinks with friends or family.
1 jar of sun dried tomatoes (140 gram)
Neolea extra virgin olive oil 50 ML
1 clove of garlic
Lemon, the juice and a little bit of zest
Fresh oregano and/or basil
Grated Mediterranean cheese like Grana Padano or Parmesan.
- Empty the jar of sun dried tomatoes in a sieve.
- Squash the glove of garlic.
- Add the leaked sun dried tomatoes, Neolea olive oil, garlic, pepper and salt to a food processor.
- Let the food processor grind until all big chucks are dissolved and the mixture is smooth. (not to smooth!)
- Scoop the tapenade from the food processor into a small bowl and add a tablespoon of Neolea olive oil.
- If you want to store the tapenade you can do so by transferring it to a closed jar. Top off the tapenade with an extra tablespoon of olive oil. This way you can store the tapenade in the fridge for a week.
Want to give it another bite? Roast up some pine nuts and add these along with all the other ingredients to the food processor. You can also play around with lemon juice and zest or fresh herbs like oregano and basil and of course grated Mediterranean cheese.