Have you ever asked yourself how to pimp your scrambled egg for dinner? The solution is super simple: Spanish Tortilla. Super easy to make, only a few ingredients and healthy at the same time! Here is how its made.
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- half an onion
- fresh parsley
- fresh chives
- one scallion
1. Peel and cook your potatoes until medium done and slice them into tiny cubes. Of course you can easily use your leftover potatoes for this recipe as well! Now crack your eggs open in a bowl and whisk them together until one beautiful yellow mixture forms. Add the potatoes to the egg mixture and mix it well. Toss half an onion and add it to the bowl.
2. Season with salt and freshly grounded black pepper, some smoked paprika and some garlic powder.
3. The key for cooking a good Tortilla is not going to fast with the heat. So put your stove on low to medium heat and give a good drizzle of olive oil in a nonstick pan. Add your egg mixture in and cover the pan.
4. Wait for 5 minutes until checking on your Tortilla. If you feel capable of doing so, you can flip your Tortilla on the other side for perfect browning. If not just wait another 3-5 minutes until you flip it on your plate.
5. Now chop your parsley, chives and scallion and garnish your tortilla. Season again with some salt and pepper and finish the dish with again - some olive oil on top. Buen Apetito!