OLIVE OIL MEETS CINNAMON
Slow roasted cinnamon & lemon chicken finished off with olive oil
Ready for some Christmas dinner inspiration? This winter table scene featuring a simple slow roasted chicken from the sisters of Rocket & Basil should be definitely added to your Christmas recipes! The following two weeks we are focusing on the special combination between cinnamon and olive oil, which is especially amazing during this time of the year and adds a nice festive touch. Step by step we will explain you how to prepare this simple but special festive dinner.
- 6 organic chicken legs 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1⁄2 tsp allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 mandarins, peel intact, cut into thin slices
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, halved lengthways.
- 4 shallots, peeled and cut in half lengthways
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Small bunch dill, leaves picked
- 1 red chili, deseeded and sliced
- More olive oil to drizzle
- Greek yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (fan)/ 200°C.
2. Sprinkle chicken generously with salt, pepper. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and brown chicken all over, set aside on some kitchen paper.
3. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, cinnamon, sumac, allspice in a bowl. Add the chicken to the spice-olive oil mix, and coat thoroughly, then place in a roasting tin (including all the liquid) and arrange mandarin, cinnamon stick and garlic evenly in the tray.
4. Cook chicken until no longer pink at the bone, the juices run clear, and skin is lightly browned, around 40-45 more minutes. Baste the chicken with the pan juices every 10-15 minutes or so.
5. To serve: drizzle with more olive oil, top with dill and chopped chili. Delicious with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
I had the privilege of visiting the store, in person, a couple years ago. I am addicted to their oil and am now a repeat customer. It is so worth importing and gets to the States faster than Amazon!
My favorite olive oil comes now in this handy smaller size. The taste is great as always and this size is the perfect gift-size. Delivery was quick
Out of this world taste, absolutely the highest quality olive oil I've had. Tried many different ones before but I will stay with Neolea for sure!
Ik was al een tijdje opzoek naar een kwalitatieve olijfolie, gevonden ✅
Simply amazing! Neolea must be definitely the best olive oil I've ever tasted. So smooth and fruity with notes of banana and honey at first and then it kicks back with just the right amount of fiery pepper aftertaste. With beautiful packaging design, this is just wonderful olive oil. This is how great product should taste and be presented.
Levering, verpakking en product meer dan goed. Culinair hoogstandje.