- 500 grams of tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of Neolea olive oil (plus extra for serving)
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 1 bouillon cube
- pinch of smoked paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- handful of fresh basil
- optional: roasted walnuts as a topping
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and take a large baking sheet.
- Put the tomatoes without cutting them on the baking sheet, together with the peeled onion cut in half and the peeled garlic cloves.
- To this baking sheet add the olive oil, agave syrup, salt and pepper.
- Make sure everything is distributed evenly.
- Put this in the oven for 30 minutes, until the tomatoes look a little bit charred.
- Take it out of the oven and put it all in al blender together with the bouillon, smoked paprika and 400 ml of water.
- Blend until smooth, you can always add more water of you like.
- Heat it up in a large pan and server with cracked black pepper, a pinch of salt and the best olive oil drizzle.