- Package of puff pastry, pie pastry or homemade dough
- 400 grams of fresh pumpkin
- 200 ml of full fat coconut milk
- 200 grams of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tablespoons of Neolea olive oil
Cream cheese frosting:
- 100 grams of cream cheese, room temperature
- 100 grams of butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons of Neolea olive oil
- 200 grams of powdered sugar
- Boil or steam the pumpkin until tender and let cool.
- Combine the pumpkin with the Neolea pure olive oil, all the other filling ingredients and blend until it’s a very smooth consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Grease a pie dish with some Neolea olive oil and line with the pastry of your choice. Make sure it’s bubble free and even. With a fork, poke some holes all over the pastry.
- Add all of the pumpkin mixture into the pie dish and put this in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Take it out and let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, simply combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a spatula until it’s well combined.
- Add the frosting on top and let the whole pie cool in the fridge for at least an hour.