Summer is almost coming to an end right now, we are kind of sad about that. The positive side is; SOUP season is coming! And we love a nice, warming and spicy soup. This recipe is really a must try! It is on the spicy side so if you're not into that you can leave out the cayenne pepper. We hope you enjoy!
- 400 grams of pumpkin, cubed
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of cream
- 5 tablespoon of Neolea olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- half a teaspoon of curry powder
- half a teaspoon paprika powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 bouillon cube
- 500 ml water
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Cut the onion and garlic in small pieces and add to the pan, fry for about 4 minutes and add the spices and fry for 1 minute with the onion and garlic.
- Add the diced pumpkin, potato, the bouillon cube and the water and bring to a boil.
- Let this simmer for about 15 minutes, until the potato and and pumpkin are tender.
- Take of the heat and let cool for a couple of minutes, blend it with an immersion blender or normal blender with the cream and the remaining of the olive oil until everything is smooth.
- Add some parsley and extra olive oil before serving.