Lavender and olive oil. A super special but delicious combination. The waffles are extra fluffy because of the baking powder and the whipped egg white. If you don't have a waffle iron, you can also just make pancakes out of this batter.
- 1 egg
- 70 grams of all purpose flour
- 70 grams of whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried lavender
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 125 ml of milk of your choice
- 60 ml Neolea olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Split the egg yolk from egg white and beat the egg white until the egg is stiff.
- Mix the milk, olive oil, agave syrup and the egg yolk in a measuring cup.
- In a large bowl, mix both types of flour together with the baking powder and a pinch of salt. Make sure this bowl is large enough because all other ingredients are going to be added in here.
- Then put all the ingredients you have mixed together in measuring cup to the large bowl and mix well.
- Finally add the beaten egg white in to the batter and carefully scoop it through. Don’t stir or mix to hard. You want to keep the air you just whipped into the egg white.
- Preheat the waffle iron and bake according to the instructions. Every waffle maker is different but it should take about 4 minutes before they are ready.
- Serve the warm waffles with some extra agave syrup and olive oil.