This recipe is inspired by the book SIMPEL from Ottolenghi. One of our favorite books here at Neolea. Ottolenghi loves olive oil and almost every recipe clearly shows this. We are of course in favor of that. We have given a little twist to the recipe and it turned out delicious! We hope you enjoy it just as much.
- 1 large leek
- 15 grams of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of neolea olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 150 ml of bouillon
- 70 grams of fresh spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of za’atar
- salt and pepper
- Cut the leek in half, give it a good rinse with cold water so there are no more grains of sand. Then cut in half rings.
- Put the butter and 1 tablespoon of extra vierge olive oil in a small frying pan and heat over a medium heat. As soon as the butter forms little bubbles, you can put the leek in.
- Fry the leek for about 4 minutes and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the stock and let simmer for 4 minutes again until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the spinach and fry for 1 minute.
- Make 3 wells between the leek and spinach and put the eggs in it.
- Cover the pan and let the eggs simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- As a final step, mix the other tablespoon of Neolea olive oil with the tablespoon of za'atar herbs and sprinkle over the entire dish.
I had the privilege of visiting the store, in person, a couple years ago. I am addicted to their oil and am now a repeat customer. It is so worth importing and gets to the States faster than Amazon!
My favorite olive oil comes now in this handy smaller size. The taste is great as always and this size is the perfect gift-size. Delivery was quick
Out of this world taste, absolutely the highest quality olive oil I've had. Tried many different ones before but I will stay with Neolea for sure!
Levering, verpakking en product meer dan goed. Culinair hoogstandje.
Ziet er strak uit en nog belangrijker het is erg lekker.
Alles is top! Levering, verpakking en smaak!
Apart zachte aromatische smaak, heerlijk
Smaak, verpakking en levering is TOP.
So delicious, highly recommend!
Such sweet tasty olive oil... bottles your Corfiot holiday and brings it to your home ... delicious with fresh bread and salt and pepper or with vinegar and in your favourite salads.