We looove lasagna! We are a Dutch and Greek company but we really love all kinds of kitchens, in fact, Italian is one of our favorites. As long as you use the best olive oil.
1 pack of dried lasagna Sheets
1 batch of homemade tomato sauce
- 250 grams of whole milk ricotta
- 3 tablespoons of homemade pesto
- 200 grams of melty cheese
- 100 grams of Parmigiano cheese
Handful of fresh basil
For the sauce:
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of Neolea olive oil
- 300-400 grams of ground beef (or vegetarian version)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 500 ml of passata
- 2 tablespoons of dried Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- Dice the onion, bell pepper and garlic in very small pieces.
- To make the sauce heat a large sauce pan over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Add the beef into the pan and fry until it’s almost cooked.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Then add the herbs, and tomato puree and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add the red wine and let it cook and evaporate for 5 minutes again.
- Last add the the passata in and a little bit of water, salt and pepper. Cook this for 25 minutes on a low heat and stir occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, 2/3 of the cheese, the Parmigiano and the pesto and mix it really well.
- Now you have all the components ready for the lasagna. So take a deep baking dish and oil this really well with some Neolea olive oil.
- Add a couple tablespoons of the sauce into the dish, over the sauce add a couple dollops of ricotta filling, then the lasagna sheets. Repeat this until the dish is full and make sure you end with a good layer of sauce.
- Add the remaining of the cheese and maybe, if you feel like it, some extra Parmigiano cheese!
- Put the baking dish in a preheated oven of 175 degrees for 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven and the type of lasagna sheets you’re using.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. And add the fresh basil leafs on top.