1 pack of dried lasagna Sheets
1 batch of homemade tomato sauce
- 250 grams of whole milk ricotta
- 3 tablespoons of homemade pesto
- 200 grams of melty cheese
- 100 grams of Parmigiano cheese
Handful of fresh basil
For the sauce:
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of Neolea olive oil
- 300-400 grams of ground beef (or vegetarian version)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 500 ml of passata
- 2 tablespoons of dried Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- Dice the onion, bell pepper and garlic in very small pieces.
- To make the sauce heat a large sauce pan over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Add the beef into the pan and fry until it’s almost cooked.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Then add the herbs, and tomato puree and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add the red wine and let it cook and evaporate for 5 minutes again.
- Last add the the passata in and a little bit of water, salt and pepper. Cook this for 25 minutes on a low heat and stir occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, 2/3 of the cheese, the Parmigiano and the pesto and mix it really well.
- Now you have all the components ready for the lasagna. So take a deep baking dish and oil this really well with some Neolea olive oil.
- Add a couple tablespoons of the sauce into the dish, over the sauce add a couple dollops of ricotta filling, then the lasagna sheets. Repeat this until the dish is full and make sure you end with a good layer of sauce.
- Add the remaining of the cheese and maybe, if you feel like it, some extra Parmigiano cheese!
- Put the baking dish in a preheated oven of 175 degrees for 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven and the type of lasagna sheets you’re using.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. And add the fresh basil leafs on top.
I had the privilege of visiting the store, in person, a couple years ago. I am addicted to their oil and am now a repeat customer. It is so worth importing and gets to the States faster than Amazon!
My favorite olive oil comes now in this handy smaller size. The taste is great as always and this size is the perfect gift-size. Delivery was quick
Out of this world taste, absolutely the highest quality olive oil I've had. Tried many different ones before but I will stay with Neolea for sure!
Levering, verpakking en product meer dan goed. Culinair hoogstandje.
Ziet er strak uit en nog belangrijker het is erg lekker.
Alles is top! Levering, verpakking en smaak!
Apart zachte aromatische smaak, heerlijk
Smaak, verpakking en levering is TOP.
So delicious, highly recommend!
Such sweet tasty olive oil... bottles your Corfiot holiday and brings it to your home ... delicious with fresh bread and salt and pepper or with vinegar and in your favourite salads.